No More Falls Program
Revita’s No More Falls Program is a thorough five step program, designed to significantly reduce the risk of falls and injuries for care facility residents and staff. Our physiotherapists work side-by-side with staff to assess, address and monitor safety issues throughout the facility.
Step 1: Analysis
Our physiotherapists conduct an in-depth study of the facility’s current falls policies and procedures.
Step 2: Assessment
We use evidence-based assessment tools and processes to evaluate the risk of falls for every resident in the facility.
Step 3: Education
Our physiotherapists conduct one-on-one and/or group education sessions for residents, family members and staff, using visual aids and practical demonstrations.
Step 4: Implementation
We implement evidence-based safety strategies based on the specific needs of the facility. These may include:
- Risk assessment and review schedules
- Accurate reporting systems
- Group/ individual exercises designed to improve balance, strength and awareness, in order to prevent falls or rehabilitate after falls
- Multi-disciplinary management and interventions
- Quality improvement systems
- Development of a falls prevention culture
Step 5: Monitoring
Our team establish a tracking system for all future falls. An in-depth analysis of each event will then take place using reporting and multi- disciplinary management.
This ongoing and united approach to reducing falls can significantly decrease their occurrence.