Physiotherapy for seniors
Physiotherapy is a proven way for seniors to reduce pain and improve their mobility. It also teaches important skills to help residents:
- Avoid injury and pain re-occurrence
- Move safely
- Increase capability for self-care
- Participate in enjoyable activities
Revita‘s holistic and compassionate approach to aged care health improves the overall quality of life for residents. Our dedicated physios have been selected for their expertise and warmth, and receive ongoing training and support in the latest evidence based care practices.
We also work closely with facility management and staff to develop a unified and effective response to residents’ physiotherapy and allied health needs.
Our physiotherapy service includes:
- Individual assessments and care plans
- Private consultations
- Chronic pain management
- Group exercise sessions
- Fully accredited training for staff including Manual Handling and No More Falls program
- Australia wide, including locum physio and rural physiotherapy
- Facility support for accreditation and ACFI consultancy
Benefits of physiotherapy
Reducing residents’ pain and regaining physical abilities directly leads to a range of other health benefits including:
- Improved mood and positivity
- Better sleep
- Increased appetite
- Greater social interaction
We help seniors regain a sense of self-confidence and agency which can dramatically improve their outlook on life. And that makes everyone feel better.